About ZUZI! - Our Mission Statement
Every Day We:
- Support and advance emerging artists and ideas through instruction, residencies, and creative exchange.
- Enable access to our studios and theater space for community performers, artists, and instructors.
- Provide quality dance and movement education to students of all ages and abilities in a broad range of movement styles including aerial dance, modern, ballet, improvisation, Skinner Releasing, and contemporary dance.
- Produce programs that introduce audiences and community members to a wide spectrum of contemporary dance forms, bringing in local and regional talent.
- Provide outreach programs that engage minds and courage participation, promoting interdisciplinary dialogue and meaningful links between artists and the community.
- Foster dance literacy and advocate for dance as an essential component of the cultural vitality of our city, state, and country.
ZUZI! strives to lead as an artist-driven, community-centered dance space where we create partnerships and collaboration through education, artist support, and public performance.
ZUZI! envisions Tucson as a city where contemporary dance is a regular part of the cultural landscape, where movement artists are valued for their important contributions to culture and society.
ZUZI! keeps moving so we can keep our community moving!